How Does Club Membership Work?
Here at Future Squared, we recognise that not every business works best from a set workplace. Many business people find themselves regularly travelling and attending meetings, especially freelancers, SME’s and service providers. Agencies are another type of business that often find themselves travelling to and from locations, especially if they have a number of clients concentrated in one specific area.
For many companies who spend a lot of time on the road, it’s not always sustainable to have a multiple offices because although they might spend a lot of time in an area, if they’re not there full-time, forking out rent for an office is a wasted expense.
That being said, those who travel frequently still need a place to be able to sit and work effectively, in which case a club membership could be the best solution.
What is a Club Membership?
In summary, a club membership is a monthly subscription service that gives users access to designated working spaces within business centres across the country. From big cities like London and Manchester to major towns and even train stations, when you opt-in to club membership, you will be able to freely work from any place at any time.
Why Choose Club Membership?
There are a number of reasons why you should consider choosing a club membership, including (but not limited to):
- The ability to work flexibly on the move
- Access to fully serviced workspaces complete with Wi-Fi, phone lines, furniture and post handling
- The option to use meeting rooms and breakout areas for client meetings
- Access to business centres and hubs up and down the country
Another major benefit is the option of cancelling your membership at any time, so if your business did make the move to stationary working and chose to find an office space for rent, you don’t need to worry about paying for a service you won’t use. Compare this to renting out multiple office spaces across the UK, if you were to put down roots in one location, you could find yourself paying for months of rent and utilities while a new tenant is found to overtake the lease on the offices you have elsewhere.
It is this flexibility that mostly draws people to club memberships, as well as the peace of mind in knowing they have access to a professional place to work and host clients when needed.
Who is Club Membership Suitable for?
There is almost no business that club membership isn’t suitable for, but there are a select handful that may find it exceptionally worthwhile, including:
- Travelling salespeople
- Client relationship managers
In addition to the above groups, many other types of working people may find club membership useful, especially considering the Covid-19 pandemic has seen many companies make the move to working from home and flexible working. This had reduced reliance on traditional offices for many smaller, desk-based businesses.
Club Membership vs Renting an Office
Whilst many businesses may find a club membership useful, it’s not a direct replacement for renting out an office. There are a number of differences between the two, including:
- Club membership is a temporary office solution – if you anticipate working in an area regularly or for a set period of time, consider renting a co-working or semi-serviced office space
- Meet clients in the middle – if your clients are a based a fair distance away from you, you can meet them halfway in a club membership lounge. Alternatively, if your client works remotely, you can host them in a club membership lounge for meetings
- Club membership offers greater networking opportunities – you can work alongside other like-minded people, giving you the chance to mingle and build connections freely
- Rented offices are branded – if you expect to hold a lot of business meetings, it could be more effective for you to rent office space so you can brand it and have a central hub of your own
Club membership and renting are two very different prospects. If you’re not sure which one is more suited to you, please get in touch with us and we’ll be able to talk through your requirements and find a suitable solution for you.
To summarise, club membership is a great option for people who work in multiple locations on a temporary basis. The monthly nominal subscription fee affords members maximum flexibility and the assurance that they have access to a professional working space that is serviced and maintained at no inconvenience to them.
If you have any further questions about club membership, or if you’d like to find out more about it, please call us on 020 3950 0797.